We Ski EVERYWHERE!
1. Login to the HPSC website with your username and password to see the trips offered.
2. To see the list of upcoming trips, on the menu, click on Day Trips and then click on Downhill in the drop down menu.
3. Choose the trip you'd like to sign up for from either the Upcoming Events list on the left of your screen (for trips in the next week or so) or scroll to the bottom of the the page to view all trips currently open for registration presented in a monthly calendar.
4. Click on the link - the blue trip description (event list) or the blue rectangle (calendar) to go to the registration page for that trip There are additional links of interest on the main trip registration page.
How to complete a Downhill Day Trip registration:
1. Verify that this is the trip that you are interested in. On the right side are additional trip details such as if this is a late departure trip, an apres party trip, etc. If you are driving up instead of taking the bus, there is a link on the right to take you to a separate registration page for that trip. On the left side of the screen will be a number stating the spaces left. The maximum number of participants is based on the number and capacity of the buses that are projected to be used, the number of available spaces may increase or decrease without notice.
New for 2017-2018: You can see a list of the members who have already signed up for that trip if they elect to show their name. If a member does not want their name to appear they will be listed as "anonymous". See the instructions at the end of Step 5 below.
2. A little lower down on the left are the trip registration options with their prices. If the option is greyed out, it is not available based on your membership category. Proceed to the next step by pressing the "Register" button below that list.
3. The email on file is automatically displayed on the next page. This is the same as the username email. If you use a different email address, emails regarding the trip you are registering for will be sent to that address. Click “Next”.
4. Choose your registration category. All categories include a seat on the bus and the options will vary depending on the trip destination.
- Bus and Lift Ticket: the club will purchase a lift ticket for you at the group rate. This is the most common registration category. For Mt St Louis (MSLM), Blue Mountain and other select resorts, there is a separate category for Bus and Senior Lift Ticket. Note the age requirements as listed in the registration categories.
- Ticket Only (I have a voucher voucher): there may be a choice for regular or senior. You will be “paying” for your bus seat with a bus voucher. You will have to enter a valid voucher number in a later page. You must bring the voucher with you on the bus.
- Bus Only (I have a lift ticket or pass): you are booking only a seat on the bus. You either have to purchase a lift ticket at the resort or have a pass for the resort. In any case, are responsible for your own lift.
- Instructor (I am instructing on this trip): Instructors who have committed to instructing on this trip and want to book a bus seat.
Press “Next” after selecting the registration category to continue the process.
5. Your personal details are automatically filled in. You will need to make a choice in each of the other trip details. Those with a red asterisk are required items.
Click the “Next” button to move forward in the process.
- Rentals: For Mt St Louis (MSLM) trips, HPSC offers a beginner rental package. There is an additional charge for the rentals and note that the lift ticket in this package is limited to the beginner lifts only. Generally, only lessons in Steps 1 and 2 are offered for members who rent. Higher step levels use other slopes where the ticket is not valid. Choose either none or ski or snowboard rentals. Snowboard beginner rental packages are offered some MSLM trips even though HPSC will not be providing snowboard (SB) lessons of any type. If no SB lessons are not offered, there will be a note. And lastly, if you take a senior ticket for MSLM, you can't also take the beginner rental package, that requires a regular priced lift ticket.
- Ski lessons: choose either a regular lesson at your desired step level (see Snow School regular lessons) or a ski program (see Snow School programs) that you are interested in taking. If you have never taken a lesson with HPSC, then you will select ski assessment which allows HPSC to evaluate and then place you into the appropriate step level. If you do not want a ski lesson choose “None”.
- Snowboard lessons: As snowboard lessons are not available on all HPSC trips and this option is only available for those trips where snowboard lessons or programs (see Snow School boarding programs) are offered. If you have never taken a boarding lesson with HPSC, choose SB Assessment. Otherwise, select the lesson category you'd like to be in. If you are booking a ski lesson choose “None” here. Similarly if you make a selection here, you should have chosen “None” for ski lessons.
- Bus Pickup Location: Choose the pickup point you would like to use (see a list of downhill pickup locations). If you are driving up to take a lesson, you have to use the "Drive Up" link found on each trip's main registration page and book through a separate page. If a location isn't given as a choice, then it is not available for that trip. Bay and Queen's Quay is only used when two or more buses are being run on a Saturday trip. Since the number of buses will not be known until after registration, be prepared to use another pickup location if Bay and Queen's Quay cannot be offered. The information will be posted on the Downhill Trip Status page and in the status email sent to you.
- Bus Voucher Holders Only: if you're registering using a bus voucher to pay for your bus seat, enter the voucher number here. If you forget to bring your voucher, you will have to pay for your seat when on the bus in cash ($30).
- New for 2017 - 2018: If you would like other members to see your name in a list of trip participants, make sure the box is checked for the question "Include name in list of event registrants". If you uncheck the box, you will be listed as "anonymous". You cannot alter this once the registration has been processed. Even though the form states that the information is "Public", only other members who are logged in may see the list.
6. Review your trip details to make sure they are correct. You may either move “Back” to the previous page to make a change, “Cancel” to exit and restart the registration process or “Confirm” to move on to the payment page.
If you press “Confirm”, you will have to make an online payment by credit card.
7. Provide your information and credit card details and pay online for the trip. Allow a small amount of time for the transaction to be processed. When successful, you will get a registration confirmation page and will also receive a registration confirmation email.
Don't forget to check the Downhill Day Trip Status page after 8:00 pm on Thursdays for Saturday, Sunday and Monday downhill day trips and after 8:00 pm on Mondays for Wednesday downhill day trips for trip status, pickup times and locations and other trip details. You will also receive a trip status email to the address used earlier in the process.